The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Losers...Drunk, Belligerent Losers

Well our softball team lost again last night, which now make our record 1-2 and let me tell you it was not pretty. It was a tight game and defensive struggle and we came out on the short end. But that is not the real story of last night's affair, let me indulge myself here: It all began when we found out that we did not play until 9PM which is entirely too late in my book and most others books as well. Hell if i am not going out, I am usually in bed by at least 930 or 10 O'clock. Everybody on our team had the same idea before the game as well. Each little group on our team had the same idea as every other group, all decided to pregame it a little before the match. So the vast majority of our team arrived at the ballpark, half-drunk, and for some fully loaded. In retrospect that may have been a bad idea because we did not hit or field particularly well. So the game goes on and everthing is going just fine, when all of a sudden it seems that the shit just hit the fan. There was some animosity between our team and the opposing force. Some inappropiate things were said by their team and our team (mostly wasted remember) all of a sudden became belligerent. I mean down right nasty. I loved it, I absolutely laughed my ass off, because I could give two shits about the damn game, I just want to go out and have a good time, win or lose. We had people cussing the umps, the other team and various deities all in an hour and a half. It was beautiful. Our softball team has more issues than an episode of Dr. Phil. Both our pitcher and shortstop left in a fit of rage, and it seems that all of our girls are pissed off at our pitcher anyway from some comments he made about them sucking. Hell, I think our girls are pretty good, but who really cares anyway. It was so beautiful. The drunk softball team. The drunk belligerent softball team. Oh who knows what we will do next, you never know. The possibilities are endless and the escapades will prove to be legendary, this I am sure of. It cannot be a good thing that instead of bringing water to drink at the game we bring gatorade mixed with vodka. Beer. Crown Royal. And about 2 cartons of cigarettes between us. Stay tuned for future tales....My two cents...It was abso-freaking-lutely b-e-a-u-tiful.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger JonPDalewood said…

    I've said it once, and I'll say it again...Our fine little drinking team with a softball problem.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    Though I wasn't playing, I was cheering and being a "team player" by being belligerent along with my cup of Crown doused with a drop or 2 of Diet Coke...

    Go Team!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home