The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday.....After an Active Weekend and Week


Let me just say that after a very active week and weekend I certainly did not want to come in to work today. Of course if the Mighty Queen can do it then why can't I. Welcome back from Praha. I sure hope you brought me back a souvenir "wink, wink." On Friday night after a long week I needed a drink, but I decided to go low key and just have several beers and a bottle of wine. The wine I drank was a Merlot from the good folks at Fish Eye Winery
And it was an extremely mellow yet encompassing Merlot that was pleasing to the palette. It made the perfect accompaniment to my steak which also was awesome, with a bold yet free flavor that surprised you at every turn. Saturday morning I awoke to a slight hangover and proceeded to head down to Quitman Country Club to play golf with Player Two. Quitman Country Club is a nice course that was fun to play. On Sunday I went bowling....yes bowling how fun, although I did bowl a 145 which I guess is kind of okay. There is only one bowling alley in my town and it does not serve alcohol because it is closer than 600 feet to a church. I think that is the stupidest law on the face of the earth. So after an active weekend I am looking forward to a stress free week, but we all know that won't happen.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    Of course I brought you back a "souvenir"!!! I gotcha taken care of... ;)

    I find it very hard to bowl and not drink. Actually, I'm a lot better after I've been drinking!!! Then again, that's not really saying too much...

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger JonPDalewood said…

    nope, I've seen the queen bowl! ha ha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home