The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Friday, March 24, 2006

Oh My God!

Last night while watching basketball a couple of friends and myself got on a discussion (dont ask me how) about women who eat their placenta after childbirth. WTF! This is possibly the nastiest freaking thing I have ever heard of. I thought that it must be a urban legend. But no, all powerful Google is there to prove me wrong. If you would like to know more click here. There is even a recipe page. I mean damn, damn, damn. What the hell is this, ugh, it makes me sick just thinking about it. "How about some nice roast placenta for dinner tonite." "Oooh really, that is my favorite, yeah put in on a saltine with tobasco." "That's good eatin, right there."

Ahh!! Here is a site with even more idea, let's plant the son of a bitch. Here are some things that different cultures do with the placenta.

I can't take it anymore, I will try to post something more positive this afternoon, until then, happy placenta eating everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    A friend of mine sent out an e-mail to a bunch of us when she was pregnant about harvesting & keeping the "cord blood" for later use or donating it. While I realize it is for a good reason, I was on the edge of vomiting by the end of reading the e-mail & her non-chalance at the use of the words "placenta" & "cord blood" & other disgusting birth-related words... Not to mention the fact that I don't want to think about OTHER people's placentae (plural of placenta?) As a non-mother, I just wasn't ready to hear about all that business.

    Note: This same friend was also going to use a midwife, no painkillers, have her baby at home, etc. IMO, when you don't have to hurt, why, why, WHY??? Painkillers? Epidural? Bring 'em on!!!!

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger JonPDalewood said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger JonPDalewood said…

    mmmmm, placenta...ahhhhh - no, wait...not the same post as last. Nevermind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home