The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Thursday, February 15, 2007

We got Robbed!

By now most of you that even read this crappy little blog probably know that we came in second place at the Gumbo Cook Off. That is some real bullshit! We had the best gumbo out there by far. It had duck, crab, shrimp, andouille, and bacon in the damn thing for crying out loud. I mean bacon, how does something with bacon in it get second freaking place. There were four judges in all and we later learned that it came down to a coin flip. The two guys voted for our gumbo and the two women judges voted for another team, and they freaking flipped a motherfuckin' coin. Son of a bitch. The guys that won had shitty ass gumbo too. One of the damn judges that did not vote for us had never even eaten gumbo before,ergo, she had no freaking clue what it was supposed to taste like. I mean come on. We did get a shitty little 2nd place trophy that you cannot even fit a whole beer into. What kind of crap is that? By that last comment most you probably realize that I am officially off the wagon and drinking again. Well, that did not last too long. I was only a teetotaler for about 2 months. The reason that I am off the wagon is a real shitty one too. It is over a girl. I mean how lame is that, she causes me so much joy, yet so much grief as well that it is forcing me back on the bottle. I just do not know what to do. I have received some sage advice from some of my friends, but ultimately I will have to deal with our problems myself. In my last post I mentioned starting to exercise, yeah, that has not happened yet, but tonight I am going to by some sneakers, that should get me in the damn mood. I just hope the female shoe shopping assistance is still available. Maybe I will even eat some Chick-fil-A. Fuck Yeah!. I love that place (first job I ever had). It was a nice place to work, not your stereotypical fast food joint. Plus we were allowed to go absolutely apeshit all the time anyway because my boss was only about 28 at the time and everybody that worked there was either in college or high school. Geez am I rambling...Anyway, I do not even own a pair of sneakers. I am a lazy lazy man. Like I said last week I will probably get a brown pair of dress shoes as well, but that is beside the point. Instead of typing "point" in the previous sentence I typed "pint" and went back and corrected it. That tell's you what I am thinking about today. I had a good date tuesday night and I think both of us had a mutually good time. We had to go out for Valentine's on Tuesday because she had other plans on Wednesday. That made me kind of disappointed, but I will get over it. It is almost like one day I am first tier and then the next I am second tier and I cannot figure it out. At some point I have got to have a heart to heart and figure out where I stand with this person before I get in too deep and she is still in the shallows. It has happened to me before, and let me tell it is one of the worst feelings in the entire world. When she does these "other plans" I get extremely depressed. I do not want to come off as too obsessive or to desperate however. It is a fine line that I have to walk. For one I am not her typical type so I am fighting an uphill battle anyway. And most soldiers that fight uphill get slaughtered. But then there are others who end up taking the hill and are remembered as heroes. Until next time...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    You don't have some historical thesis you can write about how many uphill battles have been fought and won/lost? I'm shocked. ;)

    As for the other stuff getting to you, remember that all of us girls are crazy bitches in one way, shape or form, so don't let it get to you too much. And if it does, then run like hell b/c it probably ain't gonna change.

    Just my worthless two cents... :)

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger umrebel said…

    thanks queen your advice is always helpful

     

Post a Comment

<< Home