The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gumbo Cook Off?

Ah, don't you just love spur of the moment decisions. A friend and I, along with some other friends have decided to enter our city's Gumbo Cook Off. Why? You ask. Because that is how we roll dammit. I have never cooked Gumbo competitively. We probably will not win, but it should be a grand time. Heck, I may even drink a beer or two while I am doing it. Or maybe not, since I am technically still on the wagon, although I made a little stumble this weekend, but not too bad of a stumble I guess. I had around three drinks (two scotches and a glass of wine). That is not too bad right? The situation I was in just screamed for some alcohol and so I decided to partake. It was never my goal to quit drinking altogether anyway. My goal was to get to the point where I can have 3 or 4 and then stop. I still feel that I am not at that point yet, however. If you knew the situation I was in you probably would have had a couple as well. I cannot go into detail here, but just trust me on this one :).

I think that I am going to take up exercising. It seems to be a fad that is rapidly catching on around the country. I am going to start out slow and work my way up as I am still a smoker. I believe that I will start just by walking a couple of miles per day, and once I have had enough of that I think that I will start running. Exercise has never been that important to me, but I do realize that I need to start taking care of myself a little bit better. So tonight I am going shoe shopping to buy a new pair of sneakers (I also need a new pair of brown dress shoes, but that is beside the point). I do not have the best style sense so I have asked a female friend to come along and give me some pointers.

And now for something completely different...

Super Bowl party mash up

Astronauts Gone Wild

That Astronaut story is freaking crazy, I mean next to Ruth Bader Ginsburg an astronaut is the least likely person you would think would go off their rocker. Yeah that's right I just linked freaking Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Well BBC world news is on so later taters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home