The World of Willis

This is a blog about how i see the world and the stuff that i do in this crazy place

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

After Lunch Post

Ok so it is after lunch and I am writing again so what, it's my blog and I will do what I want to. A friend and I went to Jean's restaurant. It is a little place downtown that has excellent country cooking. My plate consisted of Chicken & Dumplings, field peas, fried okra, creamed corn and corn bread. And although usually do not eat dessert, today ate a piece of cheesecake and it was muy bueno. I ended up having to pay for my pal's lunch because he had no cash and Jean's does not take credit cards.

It was pretty cool seeing him again. He is in medical school in Kentucky and is in town doing Psyche rotations at Alliance Health Center. It is amazing how some folks grow up. I remember in college when this kid got as fucked up as I did, now he is in med school and getting married in June. I have to be in the wedding, which is awesome and all, but it denies me the opportunity to go to Costa Rica for another wedding that all of my friends are going to. But he is having six kegs at the reception so all is not lost. Maybe I can find one of those Kentucky hill girls and have grand ole time in the Bluegrass State.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home